- Art Director, brand builder, design maven with an emphasis in fashion, activewear, eyewear, and the comic industries.
- Marketing visionary with a proven track record of topline driven results, while translating goals into strategic concepts.
- Team Player, leader and mentor with a strong affinity for bringing diverse teams and talents together to achieve goals.
National Instruments, Budget Blinds, The Blondie Comic Strip, HarperCollins, Hearst Publishing, King Features Syndicate, Link Dental, Snap Flap, The Eyeshop, O’Neill Clothing, Hurley, DC Footwear, Quiksilver & Roxy, Rusty, Sugar, Surftech Surfboards, Boost Mobile, Toyota, Motorola, Neutrogena.
Art Director / 2009 – Present
Blondie Comic Strip (Austin, TX)
- Developed strategic plans and rebranding project for The Blondie comic strip.
- Developed compelling marketing strategies, which attracted broader target markets.
- Partnered with storytellers and copywriters to closely manage messaging.
- Led a team of 5 on a rebrand and style guide creation. The rebranding efforts increased revenue and partnerships by 15%.
- Improved communication, budgeting, and time management among the team by implementing project management software.
- Led website redesign focusing on UX, UI, and responsiveness, which improved user experience, purchasing and time spent on site.
Art Director / 2008 – Present
DE Creative Agency (Austin, TX)
- Oversaw creative teams on freelance and contract projects supporting marketing goals, partnership, experiential, and digital activations. High quality work led to many repeat clients and referrals as well as positive accolades.
- Guided brands of all sizes in the development of brand identity packages, videos, direct mail, and outdoor advertising.
- Worked for The Eyeshop as a contractor for a three-year term providing long term, complex projects from inception to delivery.
- Collaborated with designers, photographers, copywriters, agencies, and freelancers on campaign development.
- Launched a sportswear brand from ideation to product manufacturing. Developed a marketing plan, designed technical products, built an e-commerce site, and gained 3K+ followers in year one, grew sales from tapping into influencers, while planning and executing pop-up shops.
Art Director / 2004 – 2007
O’Neill Clothing & Wetsuits Divisions /La Jolla Group, (Irvine, CA)
- Recruited to direct and launch a rebrand on national ad campaigns for several action sports and apparel brands.
- Directed 300 projects per year, and increased sales by 15%, by developing long range marketing goals.
- Managed design teams to ensure projects consistently met projected budgets and timelines.
- Planned and executed four action and fashion photoshoots per year with a $250K budget, with a focus on creating more relevant on-trend marketing materials.
- Supervised and designed marketing and promotional materials for online, outdoor and print.
- Collaborated with UX and UI design teams to maintain consistent messaging across the digital experience.
- Partnered closely with sales management to align marketing with sales goals.
- Built stronger team by evaluating, hiring, and training new staff. Worked to align team and projects to strategic agenda.
- Formulated and implemented global branding guidelines that ensured synchronization of all global marketing efforts.
Art Director / 2003 – 2004 / Graphic Designer / 2000 – 2003 Quiksilver/Roxy, (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Partnered with global licensees across Europe and Asia to ensure brand consistency.
- Assisted in styling and planning photo shoots and was ultimately promoted to art director due to high-quality results.
- Led teams in multiple co-branding projects per year to expand brand exposure among target markets. Developed branded cellphones, cars, trade show booths, bus wraps, billboards, surfboards, and more.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE, GRAPHIC DESIGN . – International Academy of Design and Technology, F.L.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE, FINE ART – College of Charleston, S.C.
Google Certified Digital Marketing, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) visual presentation software, video, CSS, wordpress, e-commerce software, html, project management software, MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Mac OS.