Art Director living in Austin with 17 years extensive experience designing for agencies, and brands in the digital and print marketing space. Proven graphic design & typography skills, social media, branding systems, rich media, e-commerce, user experience design & digital storytelling. From conceptualizing, designing and prototyping digital products to curating brand experiences. I approach problems from the user and consumer point of view and craft solutions that combine brand value, experience design, and technology into one beautiful visual experience.
➢ Digital Marketing
➢ Strategic Planning
➢ Art Direction
➢ Responsive Design
➢ Team Leadership
➢ Social Media Planning
➢ Presentation Skills
➢ Adobe Creative Suite
➢ Content Creation
➢ Story Telling
➢ Web/Mobile Design
➢ Adobe Creative Suite
DE CREATIVE AGENCY
2010 to Present
Entrepreneurial leader who consistently delivers marketing materials aligned with business goals. Oversaw and managed creative teams on freelance and contract projects supporting marketing goals, partnership, experiential, and digital activations. Skilled in hiring, training, supervising and mentoring talent. Ensures branding standards are consistent and maintained across design projects. Guarantees quality of creative work and timely delivery based on schedules and deadlines. Ability to generate and present thought leadership on behalf of the company. Launched an e-commerce startup fitness clothing line from the ground up.
● Launched successful print and digital ad campaigns.
● Optimized social media business pages by measuring metrics and managing all elements including videos, text and graphics.
● Collaborated with designers, photographers, and copywriters.
● Satisfied internal and external stakeholders by presenting design work while working on a team with creative directors, designers, developers, managers and agencies.
● Participated in photo shoot process, including casting talent, choosing locations, art direction and editing.
➢ Blondie Comic Strip
➢ Link Dental
➢ Jeva Design Lab
➢ Budget Blinds
➢ Surf tec Surfboards
➢ O’Neill Clothing
➢ Quiksilver & Roxy
➢ DC Shoes
Blondie Comic Strip
2010 to 2019
Responsible for leading the creative team in the design, development, and delivery of all visual elements of the Blondie brand. While collaborating cross-functionally on the execution of all creative projects, for both online and physical touch points. Large emphasis on digital marketing and rebranding.
● Developed and maintained online and offline design initiatives successfully.
● Established effective branding guidelines for applications of the graphic identity of the brand including page layouts, typography and interaction design.
● Enhanced quality and innovation by supervising, leading and mentoring a team of designers, photographers and copywriters.
● Implemented issue resolving system effectively which reduced presentation problems in systematic ways alongside agency partners and internal design teams.
● Developed and maintained innovative and well-defined graphic design language for the brand which proved to be the foundation for quality.
● Updated and redesigned website interface to better communicate the evolution of the brand which ultimately increased readership online.
● Instrumental role in development and implementing brand restructuring strategy.
➢ Health & Wellness
➢ Personal Growth
➢ Paleo Lifestyle
O’Neill Clothing/ La Jolla Group, Irvine, CA
2004 to 2007
Responsible for seamlessly integrating the creative vision, while serving as the primary brand advocate for multiple brands, Duties included taking global branding to the next level through digital and printed marketing communications.
● Successfully designed and launched national ad campaigns for the women’s & girls’ brands.
● Controlled the expenses efficiently by working with marketing, sales, and design teams to ensure projects consistently met projected budgets and timelines.
● Oversaw marketing and promotional materials for online, outdoor and print, approximately 300 projects a year.
● Managed $60,000 photoshoot budget per quarter that enhanced the overall profitability of the company by 40%.
● Supervised marketing and promotional materials for online, outdoor and print. Managed & designed 300 projects a year
● Planned and successfully completed four photoshoots per year from hiring talent, creating mood boards and traveling to various locations to provide art direction and fun.
● Integrated team of designers to improve innovation.
● Formulated and implemented brand guidelines that ensured synchronization of all marketing efforts to achieve synergy
International Academy of Design and Technology, F.L.
BFA in Graphic Design
College of Charleston, S.C.
BFA in Painting & Drawing
Minor: Art History
Quiksilver/Roxy, Huntington Beach, CA
Graphic Designer/ Art Director
2000 to 2004
Craft, render, and expand art concepts throughout production of advertising campaigns for Roxy brands. Style photo shoots for product placement, video and print ad campaigns. Collaborate with creative teams to develop print and web related marketing materials. Contribute to advertising campaigns, travel to participate in photo shoots, projects, art direction, and development of advertising campaigns. Create various types of print and digital marketing materials.
● Synchronized the efforts of marketing teams that helped in designing and launching ad campaigns successfully.
● Articulated the thinking behind design concepts to key stakeholders.
● Crafted, rendered, and expanded art concepts throughout production of advertising campaigns for Roxy brands.
● Assisted in styling photo shoots for product placement and print ad campaigns.
● Collaborated with the Experience Design team to maintain a consistent design language across the web experience.